Thursday, July 7, 2022

Summer Confetti Rag Quilt

 I'm on a roll with making rag quilts. I'm still using up the jean material. Yes, I do have lots.

This looks like it could be confetti! It's a mix of my mom's fabrics and my scrapes.


I had leftover white squares from an Irish chain quilt project that I did for my younger brother years ago. The pile was calling to me to do something with those white squares. Confetti squares were arranged with the white squares to form blocks.

After arranging the layout of blocks and sewing up the blocks, I got down to sandwiching the blocks and quilting the layers. The 13" jean square is on the bottom with 11" square of batting between the 12.5" top layer. 


Blocks were sewn together using 1/2" seam. The quilt was needing something else and was just a wee bit small at 48". So I made a border!

My favorite ruler!


Backside of quilt!


Quilt came together in less than a week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment