Monday, December 19, 2022

It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas

My daughter asked for a decorative Christmas Tree ornament similar to one my mother made for me decades ago. It's a 5 inch stuffed felt pine tree with bead work to represent ornaments on a Christmas tree. Instead, I'm surprising her with a different one, a quilted tree. 


I followed Jordan Fabric's Christmas tree pattern for assembling the tree and border. Blocks were sewn into rows. I then decided to make this project into a quilt-as-you-go.


The batting was set up for assembling the rows together by using the quilt-as-you-go method.


Once the rows were all sewn down, I then added a flange before adding the border. 


Buttons and beads are the final touch. The beads are from my mother's bead stash and the buttons I found. 




No comments:

Post a Comment