Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Pineapple Wave!

My niece's second daughter was born on pineapple day, a premie. I'm just getting around to finishing up a quilt for her. Her quilt is the same pattern that I made for her big sister's quilt, called the Wave.

Of course there has to be pineapples in this quilt!

The animal print is the only fabric that is in her big sister's quilt. The solid orange is leftover fabric from my son's cosplay costume. Some of the other fabrics are from my mom's stash that I inherited. The rest of the fabrics are mine. Yes, I did purchase the pineapple fabrics since I didn't have that motif in my stash.

Basting day went quickly since this is a small quilt. It's larger than a baby size. It is the perfect size for young children to cuddle under while watching tv. I can picture the two girls doing so when they get older.

All that is left to do is the binding. The binding colors are yellow and brown-- think pineapples!

1 comment: