I spent some time playing with the arrangement of the denim. A game of dots!
Started sewing the circles together.
Decided to add doggie paws to dress up the back of the quilt.
My mom had sent me some pretty red fabric that I decided to use for this quilt, but then I realized that all those red squares just looked too boring. I needed another color square for the red circles. So, I dug around in my stash of fabrics and found a yellow.
And then the marathon sewing started. I used the Singer 224 and the Singer 201 for this project.
Did something different for the binding on this quilt. I added a yellow border strip to top of quilt to add an additional decorative look to the binding. This is a two inch folded strip of fabric that is added on top. The binding was attached to back and the folded over to top and stitched down with the decorative stitching. I like this look!
Front and back of finished quilt. This quilt will be one of my donation quilts for the year. My son's school is having a silent auction. This will be my contribution for the event.