Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Mom's Fabrics

Years ago when my mom was downsizing to a retirement community, she gave me all her quilting materials. Most aren't what I would purchase for a quilt, but individual each has pretty motifs or themes. Well, the fabrics sat for years. I have used some of mom's fabrics along with my fabrics in a couple of my quilts. Recently, I was asked to make a quilt for use on a lawn for outdoor seating. 


 So, I thought now is the time to use up those fabrics. I got busy making 12.5 inch squares. I had leftover jean material too that I decided to use at the backing. 


I wanted this quilt to assemble quickly. 


Since I enjoy doing quilt-as-you-go quilts, I sandwich the blocks and...


got to work on quilting the layers together with this decorative stitch.


Then, I decided to make the quilt into a rag quilt.  

It needs to go through the wash and dryer a couple of times to get that worn ragged look.


This went together in just three days.  I still have lots of leftover jean materials that someone gave me years ago. I think I will make a couple more quilt-as-you-go rag quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment