Saturday, July 1, 2023

Wall Flower

 I saw the Wall Flower quilt on Missouri Star's Instagram post back in February and I immediately knew that I wanted to do this pattern as a quilt-as-you-go. I even liked the yellow and blue batik fabrics that they had used for that cute quilt.

So I ordered my mini peel, Heat & Bond Lite Sewable, Kona White Ten Squares, Floral Wave Batik Ten Squares, Batik backing fabric, and 5" x 15" ruler. The ruler made cutting the 10" squares down to 5" so much faster; I love this ruler. I just followed the Missouri Star tutorial on Youtube for the pattern and easy instructions.


I used yellow thread for the yellow based batiks and blue thread for the blue based batiks to stitch around the petals. 


I quilted each block individually since I was doing a quilt-as-you-go. I had gotten half way through quilting the blocks when I realized I wanted to make the Prairie Flower quilt for my son. (Yes, I watch a lot of Missouri Star Youtube.) So, this project was set aside for three weeks while I worked on my son's birthday quilt. 


Second week in June I finished all the quilting, arranged my quilted squares, and stitched them together.


One inch sashing was used to cover the seams on the backside of quilt. Since I didn't want any additional stitching/quilting lines to show on the front side, I hand stitched all of the sashing strips down. Hand stitching is not one of my favorite things to do, but for this project it was a must do.
 

 I finished the quilt with the flange binding method that I'm enjoying to use on my quilts this year.


 



1 comment:

  1. I've never tried quilt as you go. I haven't figured out how you put all the parts together.

    ReplyDelete