Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Star Puzzle

 I love doing puzzles!


And this was my first puzzle of the year! I had taken a screen shot of this star...

...but forgot to make note of the site when I took the screen shot years ago. I tried a google search, but was unable to find the image or site. 


So, Math came into play-- too early in the New Year! Happily, I have some triangle rulers that were of help to figure out that puzzle.


After having fun looking through my stash of fabrics and picking out colorful motifs, I got busy with my ruler and templates that I made.


One of the templates had to be flipped to get the correct direction of right angle triangle for the points; like one does with patterns when sewing clothes. 


I have to admit the seam ripper became my life saver in getting the points to look correct and getting this mini quilt done. 


More mini quilt projects to come this year, with one or two being stars!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great job you did on that quilt. My math has never been good enough to figure something like that out. I either wouldn't have done it at all, or tried to figure out how to paper piece it somehow. Again, great job on that cute mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete