Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Sorbets!

 

And remembering a cheerful bedroom I had as a teenager. I shared a bedroom with my older sister. After my sister moved out of the house, the bedroom was mine to decorate as I pleased. I told my mom that I wanted an orange and pink room.  


The walls were painted off white/pink, the bedspreads were orange, and the curtains made from sheets that had a cute poppy print of orange and pink flowers. My mom made the curtains. I loved that color combination. It was a cheerful room!


I loved that color combination so much that I decided to make a quilt using those colors. Since I didn't have a pattern in mind to use for the fabrics, I waited until I saw the Blueberry Kisses quilt. I knew that was the pattern for this quilt. As I was working on the quilt, all I could think of were sorbets- cheerful and cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment