Friday, July 9, 2010

Japanese Crossings/Anniversary quilt for my parents


Today is my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary, July 29,2010 ( Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad). This is a quilt I made for them to decorate their bed and keep them warm. My mom loves blue and their bedroom has light blue walls. This is the front of the quilt. I didn't realize when choosing fabric that the quilt would have a modern Japanese look. Saw this pattern in magazine at the library and fell in love with it immediately (that one was made of different shades of green with brown). Made this queen size quilt in one week so that it would make it in time for their anniversary (had to get it finish before my camping trip and get it mailed off in time to arrive).


Up close of all the fabrics for the top of quilt.


The back of quilt. Somewhere on the back I signed the quilt (think on red strip).



A look at both sides. Used my favorite decorative stitch on the binding; front side has white thread and back side is red.

No comments:

Post a Comment