Sunday, April 21, 2013

Been Basting

While basting this week, one program that I watched was The Great British Sewing Bee on YouTube. I thoroughly enjoy this program.


I realized that I would start my basting row by tying a knot to the end of my thread and then making the stitches. The row would end without a knot, just a cross over of threads to hold the thread in place like shown below. I now start my row this way, instead of making a knot at end of thread. I should have thought of this before since it is so much faster.


2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see the finished product

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing how you baste your quilts, it's always interesting and helpful to see how others do things. I will have to check out the Great British Sewing Bee, it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete