Tuesday, April 11, 2017

One Totally Scrappy Quilt

I thoroughly enjoyed this project. Assembling and quilting each block created from scraps of fabric and batting scraps was an extremely rewarding process.


Just knowing that my huge scraps of fabric and batting piles were dwindling as I worked on both sides of the quilt brought me enormous joy. Those piles had grown so large that they took up the entire half of a closet. Yes, there were enough scraps of fabric for both sides of the quilt.


I even found leftover binding strips in my pile of scraps that I was able to use to bind this quilt.


I'm now down to one large bin of scraps.  The scraps of batting has diminished, but I still have enough to use in a future quilt-as-you-go project. 

6 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I've never tried the quilt as you go method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could get rid of my scraps in such a creative way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I saw your post. I just don't understand why the post isn't showing under comments. I totally agree that this is one fun way of getting rid of scraps. Thanks for stopping by to read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the look of scrap quilts. Can you tell me the brand of the bird and bittersweet fabric? I need to replace a piece of this fabric and don't know this information. Thanks very much for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't know who designed the fabric or the company that produced it.

      Delete