Monday, April 2, 2018

Ready for Spring!

I didn't plan on finishing this quilt a couple of days before Easter, but I just did. I started this baby quilt in January. The top was completed and quilt basted in the beginning of February; and then, I hit a quilting wall. I didn't know how I wanted to quilt it. So, the project sat beside the sewing machine the rest of February and most of March while I planned and went on camping trips.


Well, a light-bulb moment came to me. Actually, it was an inspiration. My sister informed me of the wonderful news that my niece is expecting her first! That bit of news jolted me back to finishing the quilt. I was so excited for my niece and her husband that I had the quilt finished in a week.


Which happened to be just in time for bunnies, Spring, and Easter. I'm saying good-bye to winter, and hello Spring!

5 comments:

  1. Great timing! Sometimes all we need is a little incentive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Incentives helps drive one to work. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. It looks beautiful and just in time for the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting really sets it off. Congrats to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sewing Up A Storm for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete