Monday, April 23, 2018

Spring Splash!

These are the fabrics for the quilt project that I'm working on now.


A coworker asked me if I could make her a quilt that looks similar to this one. She only took a screen shot of the quilt, but didn't link me the website.


I tried googling and searching Pinterest for this image, but I couldn't find it. So, I made up my own paper piecing patterns.


I started with the flower pots since I already had a pattern for flower pots from a previous small quilt. I just enlarged that pattern to make a 10" square.


All squares are done. Now comes the assembling of squares to from columns. I plan to make a border around the large block of flowers by using the blue background fabric and the pink batik fabric that will be used for the back of the quilt.

2 comments:

  1. That is going to be a great quilt. I've drawn up patterns before, but, not paper piecing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Paper piecing is a different process for me too.

      Delete