Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A Southwestern Vibe

Back in May, my son visited me with 4 bags of tee shirts from his years in college. A couple of tee shirts were from his high school years. He asked me if I would be interested in making him another quilt and again use some of the tee shirts for the back design. Time went by, he had moved to Phoenix, and daughter's wedding events were now in the past. 


I was in the mood of doing another Delectable Mountain pattern, but I wanted to change it up to look like lanterns. Since my son was now living in the Southwest, I picked colors that have a Southwestern feel: green for the cacti, blue for the sky, and oranges for the earth. He enjoys playing his electric guitar; so, I used a blue fabric with electric guitar motif for the lanterns. 

I decided to use a nontraditional approach for piecing the tee shirts.


I surprised him at Christmas with the quilt. He had thought I had forgotten about the tee shirts. He loved the Southwestern vibe and was totally surprised that I had completed the quilt this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment