Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Long Overdue Christmas Quilt

For the last 4 years, I have wanted to make another Christmas quilt. This year I set a goal to get it done! I had some saved fabrics for this project from past years, but I needed a couple more yards to make a good size lap size quilt (65x65).


I enjoy watching Jordan's Youtube videos from Jordan's Fabrics. She had recently posted a video with this design. It isn't her pattern; so, she couldn't post the directions. She just showed how to assemble. 


After looking at a couple of assembled blocks, I figured out a general idea of the dimensions of the quilt blocks. 


I changed the color of the small squares and the corners' color from what was suggested. I wanted to bring in more red throughout the quilt. 


I decided to just quilt on one side of the seams to form rows.


I wanted to add a binding with a flange to this quilt to carry the white out to the binding, but have the white not overly dominating. 


Stitching in the ditch of the flange and binding to stitch down the binding.


Stitching this way was easy to do and gave me the look that I wanted for this quilt. The binding fabric (green) is 1 3/4 inch wide, and the flange (white) is 2 1/2 inches wide. 


I incorporated some of the leftover strips meant for the front quilt blocks to the back of the quilt to make the back of quilt more interesting.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment