Saturday, December 15, 2012

Knitting with Toothpicks

That is what my brother asked me when we were together at my parents over Thanksgiving holiday.  He looked at my knitting needles, laughed, and asked,  "Are you knitting with toothpicks?".  Here are just a couple of my toe up socks that I have been working on.  The orange and blue sock is my very first toe up that was knitted using just two needles. 


This green sock is my second toe up. I prefer working with the three needles so that I can try on the sock as I work.


2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, I knit for my dolls using real quilt patterns but fine thread and thin wire. Finally my dad made me some needles of fine stainless wire. (my dolls were 6 inch and under doll-house dolls) I think one doll is still wearing a cable sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a sweet story! I could not imagine knitting with even a finer needle, and I'm using the smallest knitting needles now.

      Delete