Thursday, March 9, 2023

Revamping My Irish Chain

Years ago I made a Irish chain that I wasn't totally happy with the look. That mode had bugged me for years. This year I decided to do something about revamping the quilt. So, I cut it up and sewed it back together to look like this. Yes, much better!

 

I didn't like the black borders or quilting on the black borders that were to look like rainbows. What was I thinking back in 2011!


It went from this to cutting out the black areas and then...


stitching the sections that I like together again by using the method that I use in quilt-as-you-go assembling. 


And of course I had to change the binding, since that was removed in the cutting out of the black sections. I added a prettier green motif with a white thin flange for the binding.  I'm so happy that I took the initiative to complete this project in time for St. Patrick's Day.

2 comments:

  1. I've never learned how to put quilted parts together. I do love faux piping binding! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete