Detours aren't always a good thing...or maybe they are.
I don't know what I was thinking when I started into this project.
I like the fabrics separately. I thought they would look good together.
Or maybe it's the pattern. The bag has a nice shape when hanging.
I embellished the handle with a cute, red, large button. And even added knotted pearl embroidery stitches to the sections were I had hand sewn the handles to the bag, since my hand sewing isn't the prettiest.
The inside fabric is cute.
I think some of my dislikes for this bag stems from the frustrations of working with poorly written pattern directions. I had to make modifications to the bag at the junctions were the handles attach to bag. I should have finish the mock-up bag, but I was too eager to get this project finished. If I had, I would have discovered this problem in the pattern and then compensated for the difference while cutting out the fabric. But I didn't. When I reach the point of attaching the handles to the bag, it was then that I realized I needed to make a correction. So, I pleated the outer sides and top of the zipper area for the adjustment.
Well, I now know what works and doesn't...what's me and what isn't. I also know that my future handbag project will be extremely simple in looks and construction. Nothing complicated for me this year. My mantra for the year is keep it all simple and sweet...otherwise trash the project.