Sunday, January 6, 2013

Epiphany

Also known as The Feast of the Three Kings or Twelfth Day of Christmas.
The word means manifestation or revelation.  I took some time today during the marathon sewing project that I have been working on with my daughter to reflect on this word. As a child, the Epiphany was the day that the Christmas tree came down. I would watch my mother carefully wrap the creche back into its resting place for the long wait until next Christmas.  Well, I don't own a creche, and this year the tree was removed a couple of days ago to make room for "the sewing project". The absence of a creche and Christmas tree didn't stop me from thinking of the Epiphany and how this one word can be so magical.
My thoughts today were of the New Year and my new endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment